Thursday, October 21, 2010

It Starts!!!

So it has finally happened!  I have finally started this program!  I know . . . . you have all fallen off of your chairs at the news, but I did it!  So now, in 90 days I should be one hot Mama!
I woke up all ready to get going with the nutrition plan and the fitness plan!  I got my stuff done this morning so that I could start working out this afternoon. . . . and then BAM!!!!!  I was hit with a reality check! Actually, I was hit with a couple of reality checks. . . . . wanna know what they are so you can feel better about yourselves???
1 - This "nutrition" plan actually calls for a LOT more food than I am used to eating. . . . I am going to have to find a way to pare it all down or else I think that I won't get the results that I am seeking!
2 - I accidentally bought CHOCOLATE protein powder instead of unflavored and that normally wouldn't be a problem except that I didn't notice it until I had opened the HUGE Costco sized container of the stuff and realized that I am going to be adding this CHOCOLATE protein powder to all of my meals. . . . ummmm. . . . chocolate and fish?  Well I will make it work somehow.
3 - I am fat. . . . I realized this when I was starting my yoga workout today and they wanted me to lean back and I could hardly breathe because of my back fat. . . . sorry, I know it's gross, but I need to keep this real, so you are getting the gory details! 
4 - I am not 16 anymore.  I used to weight train when I was a teenager and I was really buff and strong.  I have DEFINITELY lost that and hopefully in 90 days I will gain it back! (Here's hoping!!)
5 - I cannot work out in my bedroom as I had hoped because I just don't have the room I need. . . . so. . . . off to the bonus room it is. (Did I mention that I don't have blinds in my Bonus Room. . . . you're welcome neighbors!!!)
So, day 1 and a little discouraged.  I managed to do 49 minutes out of the hour and a half that I am supposed to do. . . . maybe tomorrow will be better!

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged Megs -- Yoga is insanely hard!!! We often only get through an hour of it -- it is killer! I'm excited that you started today with yoga instead of arms and chest -- now we'll be on the same schedule!! :) We can keep each other motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really liked what you told me on the phone about your schedule, so I decided to go with that! I'm glad we will be on the same schedule!

    ReplyDelete