Thursday, October 7, 2010

P90X

Okay, so I have been given the "okay" to start my high impact exercising again.  I wanted to completely go for it so, as you can guess, I have decided to do the P90x program.
Let me clarify. . . . I WILL do the entire 90 days of the P90x program and then decide if it really delivers on its promise to completely transform your body into the body that you have always wanted.
I am really starting from ground zero because I have not been able to do any high impact exercising for a year and so I have lost all of the Cardio, Endurance and Strength that I had from training for my 10K runs last year.
So this is it!
It begins.
My goal is to post every day for the next 90 days and then hopefully I will be able to look back at the end of this and see that I have improved.  So, I need your help.  I need your encouragement, support and advice.  Like I said, I am starting from scratch.  I am going to turn this mom body into a Sexy Mom body!
I will be starting on Tuesday because Thanksgiving is on Monday.
I am also starting on Tuesday because there is a lot of stuff that you have to get in order to do this program and I want to make sure that I am competely all set up before I begin.  I got some good deals, so I want to pass them along to you in case you ever want to get started on this program too.  I am all about doing things on the cheap, so here is how I have been getting my stuff.

1 - P90x program - bought on Kijiji for $85 instead of ordering from the States for $135 USD + Shipping
2 - Recovery Drink - When doing research on this, I found out that it is a powder that has 4 parts carbs mixed together with 1 part protein. . . . so I figure if I use fruit juice, fruit and a banana mixed together with the protein powder that is on sale at Costco right now for $34 for a Costco size that that will be cheaper than the crazy prices they want on the Beach Body website
3 - Chin-up bar - I learned from the guy that sold us the P90X program that XSCargo has their chin-up bar, push up helps, yoga mat and resistance bands in stock for really cheap.  He wasn't lying!  We got the P90X chin-up bar for $9.99 instead of the $60 USD that it normally costs
4 - Push up helps - $14.99 at XSCargo
5 - Yoga Mat - $4.99 at XSCargo
6 - Weights - Borrowing from my parents while they are away until I can find a set that I like at the price that I want to pay (which is as close to nothing as I can get)
And I am set.
So, Tuesday it begins. . . . wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK
    after you do plyometrics you won't be able to walk up stairs... I literally took the elevator at school because it hurt so bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's right -- I did it last night, having a hard time moving today -- the recovery drink helps A TON though!! Hope it went well last night. And p.s. ..... just where did you research the recovery drink??? :) (not that I crave the credit or anything... but didn't I tell you that?!?!) ... hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete